We confess God’s Word over our lives to take possession of His promises. To confess means to admit that something is true. We admit God’s Word is true when we confess it. Many people think that confessing God’s Word is a mechanical, religious act; however, speaking God’s Word is how we take ownership of it. Faith confession is the force behind our faith. Faith has to be in two places to work—in our hearts and our mouths.
- Seven reasons confession of God’s Word works:
- Confessing God’s Word works because it is a way in which we sow seeds into the kingdom of God.
- Confessing God’s Word works because it causes our faith to work.
- Confessing God’s Word works because it renews the mind.
- Confessing God’s Word works because it keeps the answer before us.
- We must fight negative thoughts by confessing the Word.
- Whenever we face a problem, we should focus on things that are good, not the problem (Philippians 4:7-8).
- We must confess that whatever we desire, when we pray, we believe we receive it, and we shall have it (Mark 11:24).
- We must say, according to God’s Word, what we want Him to remember about our situation (Isaiah 43:26).
- God’s Word will not return back to Him void; it will accomplish what it was sent to accomplish (Isaiah 55:11).
- Confessing God’s Word works because it changes our hearts.
- We must give our attention to the Word, and guard our hearts against anything that opposes it (Proverbs 4:20-23).
- Confessing God’s Word works because it sets the law of faith in motion.
- Faith is a law. A law is an established principle that will work the same way for anyone who gets involved with it (Romans 3:27).
- What we believe we will speak (2 Corinthians 4:13).
- Confessing God’s Word works because it employs angels to work on our behalf.
- Angels have been sent to assist us. We should not forget to employ our angels (Hebrews 1:13-14, AMP).
- Angels are our servants (Revelation 22:7-9, AMP).
- Angels hearken after the voice of the Word (Psalm 103:19-20, AMP).
- Philippians 4:7-8
- Mark 11:24
- Isaiah 43:26
- Isaiah 55:11
- Proverbs 4:20-23
- Romans 3:27
- 2 Corinthians 4:13
- Hebrews 1:13-14, AMP
- Revelation 22:7-9, AMP
- Psalm 103:19-20, AMP
Pastor Robert Bagonza
Senior Pastor Redeemed Church
In : Teaching